1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft .NET Framework Problems.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by RussianFriday, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RussianFriday

RussianFriday Thread Starter

For the past month I've been having a very persistent error with Microsoft .NET Framework. I've never had to deal with it before, so I am very clueless as to what it does, is used for, or anything.

(The following paragraph will explain how this error arrived.)
    I had just opened Guild Wars 2, and I was now loading Paint.Net. My computer froze for just a moment, and then Paint.Net popped up, closed, and my computer then bluescreened. It started back up with no problems, no prompts, errors, pop-ups or anything. I went along my business as usual (Not Guild Wars or PDN for now) and later opened Paint.Net in which I started getting the error mentioned below.

The problem being that I can't install any programs that anything to do with it. They simply prompt "_____ has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please send details to Microsoft etc." The only program that I've gotten an actual error on was Paint.Net, and it was error 1603. I posted on their help forums for, of course help, but I didn't receive any. (I can post a link to the thread on that forum, if needed).

I've tried running an installer and uninstaller for Microsoft .Net Framework, and both work fine and at the end say everything is fixed and whatnot, but I still get the problem. I've been using Paint.Net for a "Does it work yet" program, so after I try a fix I immediately try to run it, with to no avail yet.

Paint.Net was the first program to start having problems, I would try to run it, and it would show the "Paint.Net has encountered a problem and needs to close etc." error. I tried uninstalling it from the control panel's Add/Remove Programs, but I got the same error when trying to uninstall it there. I manually installed it, by going into program files and removing all it's files. I tried re-installing it, but now I got error 1603 every time.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I can get screenshots of everything that is happening if needed.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. RussianFriday

RussianFriday Thread Starter

Thank you, so much. That seemed way easier than it needed to be. I've spent hours searching for fixes and talking to people that inevitably couldn't help me, and you fixed my problem in two words. If there is some way I can express my gratitude, please tell me.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Two more words: You're welcome! :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice