1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Office 2007 Trial uninstall problems...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by artfog, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. artfog

artfog Thread Starter

Hello,

I am having problems uninstalling Microsoft Office 2007 trial. Everytime I try to uninstall the program it shows this message:

"Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run setup from original source disc or download location"

I have tried manually removing it and trying to find an uninstaller in the Office folder but had no joy. It also recommended I used windows installer to uninstall it but I don't quite understand how I would do this.

Regards

Artfog

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi artfog

Try reinstalling Office 2007 over itself, then you should be able to uninstall it.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

3. karbo

karbo Banned

Try this if EAFiedler's suggestion didn't work.

Or, as an alternative, you can try the Revo Uninstaller.

4. artfog

artfog Thread Starter

hi.EAfielder thanks for taking an intrest in my plight.I'v allready tried what you suggested but with no luck.kind regards artfog.

5. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

I have never used this, so as to if it will help in your situation ??, but it is supposed to be a removal tool for Office 2007. It is freeware, and is found here: http://www.brothersoft.com/remove-office-2007-169245.html Don`t forget to reboot after running the tool, and backup your important items before running.

6. artfog

artfog Thread Starter

hi karbo.Thanks for getting back so soon.I tried your second suggestion again with no luck. Your third solution is a bit too technical for me.Thanks again for trying.I will now try the revo uninstaller and microsoft.regards Artfog.

7. artfog

artfog Thread Starter

Hi IMP49. tried your link to Brothers and it worked a treat. Everything to do with office has gone.Thanks very much for the information.gratefully Artfog.

8. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Glad to be of assistance. (y)

9. artfog

artfog Thread Starter

Hi would just like to thank everyone again for being so helpful really appreciate it.Regards. Artfog.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/799665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice