1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Office Starter Pack 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bunbarian, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bunbarian

bunbarian Thread Starter

I recently performed a recovery operation on my HP Allin In One Pc 320 1010a to enable some components of the PC to be able to function. In doing this I lost the use of several programs including my Microsoft Officer Starter Pack 2010 which is very important to me considering I am the secretary of our local social club and responsible for typing up all the minutes, sending out correspondence and creating notices for our public notice boards. I have downloaded a free copy of this software but when installing it I get the error message "you must remove Microsoft Office Starter Pack and then install it again." I have tried to remove it using windows 7 uninstaller but it will not/cannot remove it so I try to install the replacement software but once again get the same error messaghe and the same result when trying to uninstall the software. So around and around I go HEHEHE. When I look at the programs list I find the software has a folder title but no contents in that folder. Is that why I can't remove it.

I'd be ever so thankful for any assistance anyone can provide me and I'd be over the moon if I can get Microsoft Office operating again.

Thanks for your assistance

Phil Taaffe

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Since it is installed, what happens when you click on any of the exe files that are in the Office folder?

3. bunbarian

bunbarian Thread Starter

Hi Dave A,
    In the folder for the Office program is nothing but the installer insists on the removal of it which doesn't happen under the uninstall command and Revo Uninstaller produces the same result.

Phil T

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Then I would give HP a call as they should be able to help you out.

Sounds like the "System Recover" was NOT complete.

5. bunbarian

bunbarian Thread Starter

Nice suggestion DaveA. They were my first stop. They will not help for free because their warranty does not cover software!!!!

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    BUT did this Starter come with the computer?

You may want to do another Recover to Factory settings and make sure that the option (if there is one) to install OEM provided software.

7. bunbarian

bunbarian Thread Starter

Yes it was installed on the PC but the warranty clearly states it does not cover software. Yes I thought of doing another recovery but thought the result might be just the same but you have shown me it might not be. Hope I can mark this thread solved later today.

Bunbarian

8. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    my son has a HP PC and the recovery restored the office starter
    although that may have changed recently - MS have removed the link to download the office starter now and some comments on the web, have said its not included as part of the recovery build

there are alternatives to office which you can get for free and compatible with word and excel

http://www.openoffice.org/
    and
    http://www.libreoffice.org/

9. bunbarian

bunbarian Thread Starter

Thanks Etaf

I will look at those two despite the fact that performing another recovery has solved my problem :D

Bunbarian

10. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    excellent , thanks for letting us know

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice