1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft office word 2007 problems on vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by t3rmin4t0r, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t3rmin4t0r

t3rmin4t0r Thread Starter

Hello,
    This forum helped me a lot in the past and i hope someone can help me this time aswell.
    I used to have a problem with blue screens on my toshiba laptop running vista. That problem was solved. However, since then microsoft office word 2007 is not working properly anymore. Whenever i try to save, open or close a file the program stops responding and crashes. I tried uninstalling microsoft office, scaning the computer registry with regsupreme pro and cleaning it and then reinstalling microsoft office but the problem persists.
    The problem is only with microsoft word, all other office programs work fine.
    My best guess is that something went wrong with some system file.
    I have absolutely no idea what to do. If anyone can help me somehow i would appreciate it.
    My last resort is formatting the computer which i would like to avoid.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

2. t3rmin4t0r

I see that no one has an idea yet on how to help me. Maybe this additional info will help:
    1) i started word in safe mode and it works fine only while using safe mode. I started uninstalling programs with word adding with no luck in pinpointing the problem yet. Are there any tools to troubleshoot faulty addins? or anything that would help?
    2) here is the last crash report:
    Can anyone help me?

3. t3rmin4t0r

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!