1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Outlook 2003 font problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ozziebeanie, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie Thread Starter

First Name:
    Serena
    Hi All

OK when I compose an email, font is in 12 Arial Narrow, but the email when it reaches the recipient and also my sent folder the font is quite tiny, why does this change?

I have been to Tools > Options > Stationery and Fonts - I clicked on all three > Choose Font Options and they are all under Arial Narrow 12, this text is more than big enough when I am composing the email but for some reason it changes, does anyone know where I must go to stop the fonts changing when its sent? (yes I did click apply when i reset the font size)

Do I have to increase the font size to something like 26 for it to be normal size in recipients email in boxes? :confused:

It's really stumped me, I know my email did not always do this.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated :D

Forgot to mention - Microsoft Office 2003 has all its updates and I am using XP Pro which is all up to date also.

Beanie

2. Techyy

Techyy

-- Can you upload screen shot of Mail format tab and Internet Format, International options under Mail format tab

3. ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Hi Techyy thanks for answering, hope what have uploaded will give you a clue as to my dilemma

Ok I have added the requested shots of what you asked for hope it works, :D
    have not been in to any of the ones except for the main mail format tab

Cheers

Beanie

Attached Files:

4. Techyy

Techyy

Follow below guidelines:

Under Mail format tab, In the Stationery and Fonts section, from the "Use this stationery by default" pull-down list, select the desired stationery (Refer Mail format tab.JPG screenshot)

under Fonts options -- Select "Use the font specified in stationery"(Refer Font Options.JPG screenshot)

under Internet format -- Change it to "Convert to HTML Format"(Refer Internet Format box.JPG).

Apply the settings, check the results and if it fails, again check the settings as said and try again. Let us know the results.

Attached Files:

5. ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Ok I have done everything except for the first one, as I don't want a stationary, so don't want to pick pictures to be included in the email which would only increase the size of the email for someone who may still be on, god forbid - dial up - I sent myself an email and the font is still smaller when it comes back.

I have left the settings as you said except the first one, will changing the background stationary of the email keep fonts?

Thanks for replying

6. Techyy

Techyy

-- This was the same issue i had with Outlook 2007 few months ago, i played around these things and it got fixed.

-- Try applying a theme without background image and check if that fix the problem...

7. Techyy

Techyy

-- Click stationery picker and select the stationery you want to alter

-- Click EDIT and in the Message font section, click CHANGE FONT

--
    make the desired changes.

Give this a try.

8. ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Wooohooo I went back and changed the stationary again, back to none and it worked, I sent myself an email and it was the same size as when I typed it.

Thanks so much Techyy for taking the time, I reckon that when I did updates it probably changed the settings, never had that happen to me before, usually it changes Word settings not the email.

Cheers

Beanie

9. Techyy

Techyy

Ha ha ha ha ha.. Freaking microsoft product.. Great going..

10. ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    I happen to like Microsoft (sometimes - when things are going well) then again I have not used anything else, when it comes to OS or Office

Thanks

11. Techyy

Techyy

-- Surprisingly I work for Microsoft Networks.. thats funniest part.. LOL's

12. ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
  13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice