1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Security Essentials/Auto Shutdown

Discussion in 'General Security' started by ep-p, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ep-p

ep-p Thread Starter

I would like to write a batch file to put into Scheduled Tasks, which would launch the MSE scan (full scan), then shut down the system after completion. I cannot find a separate exe file for the scan portion of MSE. Does one exist, or is it just a routine within the program? Suggestions? Is there another way of accomplishing this, without my intervention?

Something like this:
    c:\..................Whatever scan command is
    c:\Windows\system32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00

2. ETech7

ETech7

To just run a full scan from command prompt: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\mpcmdrun" -scan -2 Issue "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\mpcmdrun" /? for more options.

3. ep-p

ep-p Thread Starter

Thanks ETech7 - I have it working now.

4. ETech7

ETech7

You are welcome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067218