1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: microsoft visual C++ Runtime Lbrary

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by askfeebie, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. askfeebie

askfeebie Thread Starter

hi hi .. i have had this message sittin on my screen for weeks now and have no idea how to get rid of it. here it is.
    Microsoft visual C++ runtime library
    Buffer overrun detected!
    Program: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the programs internal stateThe program cannot run safely continue execution and must now be terminated
    any help on this would greatly be appreciated:)

2. bbearren

bbearren

Has your machine been running continuously since this message popped up?

3. askfeebie

askfeebie Thread Starter

hi,. no i shut it down and then reboot,,, but it is the first mesage to come up when the pc is startin up.. and if i click to get out of it... the whole screen goes blank and i lose all my icons on the screen and i have to start the pc up again

4. bbearren

bbearren

Open a command prompt and run chkdsk /r

You'll be asked if you want to run it on the next boot. Answer y and then exit the command prompt and reboot.

After chkdsk has run and the system has booted, open a command prompt again and run sfc /scannow

Have your installation CD handy in case you're asked to insert it.

5. askfeebie

askfeebie Thread Starter

hi there,, i am so sorry buti am very slow at alot of the things to do with a pc.. i understand u want me to run a chkdsk. i went to accessories and found command prompt, i then clicked on it and found no chkdsk. if u steer me a different direction how to get there, i will try it... thanks so much for ur time

6. bbearren

bbearren

After you click on "Command Prompt" a black screen opens with white letters on it and a blinking line. Type chkdsk /r and hit Enter.

You'll be asked if you want to run it on the next boot. Answer y and then hit Enter. Type exit and hit Enter.

Reboot the computer. After chkdsk completes, open another command prompt and type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Have your installation CD handy in case you're asked to insert it into the CD drive.

7. askfeebie

askfeebie Thread Starter

hi there.. i am really dumb on this. are u talkn bout the windows xp installation cd??

8. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Whenever I see this message it turns out to be malware.

Do you think you could be infected?

9. bbearren

bbearren

Yes.

10. askfeebie

askfeebie Thread Starter

hi there.. thanks for al ur help on the runtime library error. i havent seen it since last week, i think it has been repaired. The problem now is another message i have on start up of the pc.. and it is this.. RundLL Error loading C:\Windows\System32\Wyrcrbjd.dll The specified module coud npt be found. Does anyone have any food for thought? thank u very much

11. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Please post a hjt log. :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice