1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Shorte85, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shorte85

Shorte85 Thread Starter

I had this program because when I was taking some courses in college, I was required to have this program on my computer to complete assignments online. However, I am no longer needing this program and I am having a very difficult time removing every bit of this software off.

I'm just curious why Visual Studio seems to be difficult to remove from the computer? Is there a reason behind that, or is it just one of those software's that are a pain to remove?

Any suggestions on how to get it to be removed completely without running into problems? I did start to remove some of it, however I've ran into a bump in the middle of removing it.

I don't know. I have tried to use programs that are supposed to remove programs completely off your PC like revo uninstaller, but I was very confused. I was hoping there was a way around not having to install something like revo uninstaller. I was hoping there was something kind of like what norton had, a uninstaller for their particular software and anything that is tied to it or whatever.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  3. Shorte85

Shorte85 Thread Starter

Thanks, but trust me I've been there and done that already. But there are still traces of it on my computer like in my Start menu and what not. It's strange, very frustrating too.

That's why I came here, to see if there was some one else who ran into the same issues as I am right now with this program.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Then you need to post these "Traces" that you are concerned about.
    If these are "SQL" entries they may be also related to somethings else.

5. Shorte85

Shorte85 Thread Starter

Here's a couple of screen shots, just so I do not have to lol type it all out ha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe those are it. Those are what I see in my add/remove program list. However, the first two you see I can't remove because it says it's no longer on the computer, however still shows up in the list. The other one I haven't done yet. But I just figured there was another way to make sure it was all removed, and the How to remove visual studio 2005 instructions you gave me are very confusing.

6. Shorte85

Shorte85 Thread Starter

What I am wondering is if I take and put in the CD I got if it'll give me the option to have the program removed. Hmm.

That is if I can find it. Grr!

7. Shorte85

Shorte85 Thread Starter

Solved by reformatting my computer to fresh install.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951583

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice