1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse (Blue)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sn0wBoArD3r3, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sn0wBoArD3r3

Sn0wBoArD3r3 Thread Starter

I recently been searching through some of my old things in my storage room and I stumble upon the microsoft wireless Optical Mouse. I then took the mouse and plugged it into my computer. However, i can't get the computer to respond to the mouse. I move the mouse around but it doesn't move the cursor on the screen. Is there any drivers that I can download to get the mouse to work? I've been searching for a driver but I'm not exactly the best internet searcher. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it alot.

2. Sn0wBoArD3r3

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

4. RT

RT

Just a guess here, but maybe batteries not included? ;)

5. linskyjack

linskyjack

Sounds strange. Usually Windows will see it as new hardware (particularly a Microsoft mouse) and automatically install the drivers. Does is show up under Device Manager?

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What Windows version?

Does the LED under the mouse light up (if not, then it's a battery issue as above).

7. Sn0wBoArD3r3

It's not the battery issue, I all ready thought of that possibility. The LED light does show up.

As for the Device manager, it did show up, but I can't move my mouse when the device manager appeared.

I tried searching for a driver, but I'm not too sure what model my mouse is. I've looked around the mouse to find the model number but I'm not sure which one is the model number... Also, when I went to that site before I posted this thread, I couldn't find any mouse that look similiar to mine. This is my mouse: http://www.emedia4u.com/store/images/msWirelessOpticalMouseBlue.jpg

8. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

We still don't know the Windows version ... (is it a version that even has half decent USB support?)

Regrettably the forum prohibits mind reading so all we can do is ask....

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Um. I already posted a link for drivers. Did you go there? The first drop-down box is type of device. That would be "mouse". The second box is Product. There are several options for Wireless Optical Mouse. Pick one. The official model "number" or name is usually on the underside of the mouse itself. The third box is operating system. You'll have to select what you have since, as has been pointed out, you haven't told anyone here yet.

Do you know that your USB ports are functioning? What other devices have you tried on them?

10. Sn0wBoArD3r3

I have tried the link that you posted for the driver. However, I'm having trouble finding my mouse on the website. And yes, my USB ports are functioning, I used the USB ports for internet connection and my USB storage devices.

11. Knotbored

Knotbored

I have two USB witeless mouses
    One requires a sending unit plugged into the USB for an antenna-it has a button to press to make the mouse see it-the mouse also has a tiny button on the bottom I must press after replacing the batteries.

The second laptop mouse has a sending unit stored on the underside of the mouse that must be removed and plugged into the USB-its a cool system because storring that sending unit turns off the mouse to save batteries.

You didn't mention a sending unit-it needs one to operate wirelessly.

12. Sn0wBoArD3r3

Sorry, but... what is a sending unit? the other piece that recieves all the wireless frequency? If so, how does that relate to my current issue? The reciever is an usb but i have a piece that can connect the usb into the mouse port.

13. Knotbored

Knotbored

----------------
    I guess we both are getting more and more confused.
    You stated you have a wireless optical mouse.
    A wireless mouse has no wire to the mouse port.
    A wireless mouse has a small sending/receiving unit (like an antenna) that plugs into USB port.
    A wireless mouse is battery powered but sometimes needs a nudge to/from that antenna to read it, that is what the small button on my sending unit and also on my mouse do. I recently had to use it when my household electrical power was out for an hour.

If your mouse has a wire to/from anywhere then its not wireless. If you have any connection to the computer mouse port then I am more confused.

Hope your problem gets resolved easily.

14. Sn0wBoArD3r3

Thanks Knotbored! I just wasn't aware of the two button on the sending/recieving unit and on the mouse. My mouse is now up and running.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!