Solved: microsoft word (2003) files keep showing this after every line: ¶

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sadness madness

Hi, my problem is that when I was using Microsoft Word 2003, I reduced the font of one of the files I was working on and the entire file just transformed so that:
after every line, this symbol appears: ¶
before some lines, this symbol appears: º
and between words, this symbol appears•

This actually happened before, but i, ah, don't remember how i got rid of it. I know it's kind of a small problem, but it's really driving me crazy. :(

Thanks. :)

This is normal problem. That ever happen to me as well but unfortunately Im also not very sure what I did to remove it. I will try to ask my office mate and get back here if got an answer.

Tools
Customize
Show standard and formatting tool bars on two rows (check that)
Then click ¶ and you should be set.

no problem. please mark you own thread solved. thread tools>mark solved.

First Name
Jim
It is actually a very handy tool. I typically leave mine turned in to see what people have done within the document. Some people do not know about the center tool so they will hit the spacebar 25 time to try and center the text or they will use the tab key multiple times as well.

For clarification purposes and to show you the value I will explain what the symbols mean.

¶ is a paragraph symbols and tells you whenever someone has hit the enter key on the keyboard
º This typically is shown in-between words. This is what they call a non-breaking space. If you had a name like Bill Lumbergh and did not want it break across separate lines and stay together, then you would use that character in-between the first and last name. To input this you use CTRL+SHIFT+Space Bar
• This is a normal space, so whenever you hit the spacebar you will see this character

Finally if you see an arrow that means the person has added a tab character to the document.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts