1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Word 2003 problem-Edit Menu missing commands

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bellisimo, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

For some reason my undo typing and redo typing options in Microsoft Office Word 2003 have disappeared. They should be under Edit. Will someone please tell me how to find and reset them.

Thank you.

2. Sponsor

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi bellisimo

You can drag those commands back onto the Menu.
    Right click the Toolbar and select: Customize
    On the Commands tab, highlight Edit in the left pane. In the right pane, grab the Undo command with the mouse and drag it up to the Edit Menu, wait for the Menu to expand, then drop the Command onto the Menu.
    Repeat the same steps for the Redo command.​

While the Customize window is open, you can rearrange the commands on the Menu (if you drop it before you are ready) or you can return the command to the Command window without making any changes.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

4. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

They are NOT missing as they were not there to start with.
    One can use the key shortcuts, Cntrl Z and Cntrl Y.

I have checked 3 machines with 2003 on them and NONE of them a these listed on the menu anyplace. They are on the toolbar, and will be greyed out unless one have something that can be Undone or Redone.

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

I beg to differ. They are on my Edit menu. :confused:
    I will agree that mine says: Undo Typing and technically Redo isn't on the menu, instead it is Repeat Typing Ctrl+Y.

6. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

Thank you all for your replies. I didn't realize this thread had been moved from Win XP to here, which is why I haven't responded sooner. I eventually figured it out when I found the undo typing and redo typing arrows on a toolbar and was able to drag them to my Edit tab.

Thanks again:)

7. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

My error, I had check them on a the default document when one first starts Word and they were there but greyed out and I did not see them at the top of the listing.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/933619