1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Word 2010 fnd

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jdevine, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdevine

jdevine Thread Starter

Is there any way to reprogram MS Word 2012 so that ^F brings up the (what's now called) "advance find" function instead of the new find function? (Note that if the "navigation window" is closed, ^F doesn't work at all.)
    Jim

2. WendyM

WendyM Trusted Advisor

Hi Jim,
    For me, if the navigation pane is closed, Ctrl+F opens it. Does that not happen for you?

In any case, yes, you can reassign Ctrl+F. You can also use Ctrl+H to open the find and replace dialog box if you decide you don't want to reassign Ctrl+F. But if you do ...

• Right click an empty space on the Ribbon and select Customize the Ribbon.
    • At the bottom, click the "Customize" box for keyboard shortcuts.
    • Select the Home tab on the left and scroll down to EditFind on the right.
    • Click in the "press new shortcut key field" and press Ctrl+F.
    • Click Assign.

Hope that helps.

3. jdevine

jdevine Thread Starter

thanks, it works like a charm. And I learned something about customizing MS Office 2010. (The reason I care is that I like my at-work program (Office 2007) to be at least partially consistent with my office program (Office 2010).)

4. WendyM

WendyM Trusted Advisor

I know what you mean about trying to keep different environments consistent. The hardest part about customizing shortcuts in 2010 is figuring out what the thing you're trying to do is called. Glad it worked. (y)

You can mark this thread as solved using the button at the top. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060977