Solved: microsoft word problem i cant fix

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Roisin.

everytime i use microsoft word this symbol >¶ appears after every paragraph and a dot (·)appears between each word
i looked at all the symbols availiable to use and i found it in "special symbols" and is called a paragraph symbol and the dot is called a middle dot and is found in the ordinary symbols menu but i have no idea how to stop it from appearing all the time because it doesnt seem to be an option

pleasee help =D
your suggestions would be great (y)

Gombot

It's My Birthday!
Hi Roisen,

You're seeing the "formatting marks". Depending on your version of word, there should be a button visible on your toolbar with this symbol: ¶ That button toggles the formatting marks off and on.

You might also try the keyboard shortcut of ctrl+shift+* (asterisk)

In Word 2007, the formatting marks button is on the Home tab in the Paragraph group. If that doesn't work, click the "Office" button -> "Word Options" ->"Display" and clear the check-boxes of marks you don't want visible.

Roisin.

ahh thank you so much!
that symbol was hidden on the tool bar so i didnt realise it was selected
fixed it now =D

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Please click on "Solved" in the upper left.

{redoak}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online