Solved: Microsoft word will not open...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ahynes

Hey, I'm having problems with Microsoft word and I really need it fixed.
Here's my problem:
I click on Microsoft word... it says "Windows installers - Preparing to install..."
Then it says: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I may have deleted something in the Add/Remove list... but I don't remember what it was.
Any help would be appreciated :)

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I may have deleted something in the Add/Remove list... but I don't remember what it was.
You might need to reinstall Office or do a Repair using the CD that you got with Office.

Ahynes

Yeah so I went to that link and followed those directions, I made a system restore point and I restarted. When I did that EVERYTHING is now a shortcut... I can't open anything. Anyone know what I can do because I don't know what to do. Please Help!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Sounds like you didn't do something right.

Restore back to where you were, then try again.

Ahynes

I tried that but nothing works, like anything I click on is like a shortcut. I can try it again because I kept it off the night.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I didn't understand your last post.

Did you try a system restore to get back to where you were?

Ahynes

I went to try that but nothing happens, When I click on My Computer or My documents, it opens the search window. When I click on control panel it says "Windows cannot create a shortcut. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?" and when I go to the start meu nothing opens, it's hard to explain.

Ahynes

Doesn't work either. When I go to Start - All programs everything has a ".ink" next to the name. If that's helpful at all.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Do you have your Windows cd? You could boot with that and try to run a system restore from the command prompt.

jimr381

Jim
Was this a work PC that is now being utilized at home? Your My Documents might be trying to point to a network drive for it's location and it is not there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online