1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Works 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Eddie L., Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Eddie L.

Eddie L. Thread Starter

I'm using Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox.
    All of my history files have disappeared. I have an icon on my desktop that is "my documents" and I can access my documents from here. How do I get my documents back into the history list? Everything is running fine and I can use the program without any problem. Just don't have my files in the history. Thanks for help.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What "history" are you referring to?

3. Eddie L.

Eddie L. Thread Starter

The history that I am referring to are all of the documents that I had saved using MS Works 2000. My "History" list is now completely empty and I do not know what happened to do this. However, I can still see them and access them from the "MY Documents" icon on my Desk Top. I can click on this icon and all of my documents show up as well as programs. I can click on a file and it opens MS Works and my document shows up. What I would like to do is transfer them back to the "History" list in the MS Works. It takes longer to get them via the Desk Top. I guess I could open each file and save it again. I haven't tried that. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Is this the list that is under the "File" entry of the Works Document menu?

If so, all it is the "Recent" listing and it appears to have been cleared. Most Clean up programs will remove these "Recent" from all programs.

5. Eddie L.

Eddie L. Thread Starter

Let me try it this way.

When you first bring MS Works up, at the top there is a blue background that says MS Works and at the far right are the boxes to minimize, maximize and exit.

The next line is File, View, Help in a white background.

The next line in a black background has Tools, Programs, and History. This is the history that I'm talking about. This history is all of the documents that I have saved.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

As was stated, this was probably deleted with some type of privacy, cleaner, or other such program. This is just a convenience feature. It doesn't have any affect on the overall functionality of the software or the actual existence of the documents themselves.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice