1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Middle-Click via pressing both mouse buttons not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daverose808, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daverose808

daverose808 Thread Starter

Hi, i returned a Dell Studio 16 for another Dell Studio 16 with some lighter configurations. One thing I didn't expect to go missing was the ability to "middle click" and open firefox links in new tabs by pressing both mouse buttons simultaneously.

When i went to Dell's website to update the driver, i was informed via a pop-up that the driver i already have was newer than the one i was trying to update with. so i didnt "update" the driver. The device says "Synaptics TouchPad V7.2 on PS/2 Port" and the Driver Version is 14.0.3.0. I am running Win7 64bit. Thanks.

2. daverose808

daverose808 Thread Starter

i "updated' to the older driver and it worked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!