1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mighty Mouse blues

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Cal UK, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cal UK

Cal UK Thread Starter

So had my iMac about a month and the mighty mouse is being a pain in the arse. I can't scroll down with the wheel. Is this a "mucked up ;) " mouse or does the wheel just need a clean? Also how would I clean it? BTW it's wireless, and it has no problem scrolling up and sideways.

2. shyataroo

shyataroo

take it to an apple retail store and ask them if they can fix it for you. its going to be free (unless they have you replace it)

3. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi ... I totally hear you on the scroll wheel not working after a month. Been there/done that!

Yes, it needs cleaned. I had the exact same problem 6 weeks after I got mine. It is surprisingly easy to clean. Here are the official instructions from Apple on how to clean it.

Hope that helps. :)

4. Cal UK

Cal UK Thread Starter

Thanks Yankee Rose I followed the apple instructions and it worked cheers mate!

5. howtovdos

howtovdos

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice