Solved: Migrating from Outlook 2003 to 2010

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Domin8er

Recently we starting migrating from Outlook 2003 to 2010 and emails came over fine but only about 10% of the contacts. I copied the PST file from the old pc to the new one and put it in the proper location. I have been on numerous site including Microsoft's but none of the answers worked. I also tried doing the File, Export Contacts to an Excel spreadsheet, to try bringing them over manually, but it only exports the same ones that I already have in Outlook 2010.

In Outlook 2003, when I open a new email and put the cursor in the "To" field, and type the letter (e.g. A, B) all of those contacts beginning with A, B, etc. show up so I know they are still there. There are probably 300+ contacts in there but only 40 came over to Outlook 2010. The configuration is:

Old pc: Windows XP Pro SP3 running Outlook 2003
New pc: Windows 7 Pro SP1 running Outlook 2010

I am sure someone has seen this before and would really appreciate any help. Thank you,

valis

heyya, and welcome to TSG.

Give the following a shot and let us know how that comes out......

To import .nk2 files into Outlook 2010, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the .nk2 file is in the following folder:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook

Note The .nk2 file must have the same name as your current Outlook 2010 profile. By default, the profile name is “Outlook.” To check the profile name, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
b. Double-click Mail.
c. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.

2. Click Start, and then click Run.

3. In the Open box, type outlook.exe /importnk2, and then click OK. This should import the .nk2 file into the Outlook 2010 profile.

Domin8er

Thanks Valis,

You are an Outlook wizard! That worked and I guess those are technically not contacts but probably the Auto-populate contacts.
I can't imagine that Microsoft wouldn't have fixed this problem. Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online