1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mini tower graphics Support

Discussion in 'Games' started by friedchickenz, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. friedchickenz

friedchickenz Thread Starter

Currently, I'm using a Gateway PC (Mini tower) with the built in Intel GMA 4500 HD Graphics. I'm looking to find a decent Mini tower PCI Express Graphics card that can run games like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 at a low-decent resolution at a high FPS - preferrably 80-90 or more if possible. My price range is basically anything under / around $70.

I found a Radeon HD 5450 1 GB supposedly low profile graphics card on Amazon, any opinions on that quality of that?

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Display-Low-Profile-PCI-Express-HD545XZAF2/dp/B0036TFXWC

I'd just like some suggestions, please. Thanks.

2. BG-0

BG-0

5450 is a good choice as your power supply is very weak. 80-90 FPS is quite ambitious though, especially if you don't have a mid-high-end CPU in your computer.

3. friedchickenz

Well, it is a Quad Core CPU - but the 2.5 GHZ isn't that impressive, I agree. 80-90 is still ambitious even on relatively low quality settings?

4. BG-0

BG-0

Haven't really researched how well MW2 uses multi-core CPUs but it should happen. Not that you will absolutely certainly get a stable FPS of 80 or over. Not that it should matter either if it still runs smooth.

5. friedchickenz

Thanks so much for all your support. Now I'm confident that the 5450 is the graphics card to me and I plan to purchase it soon. Again, thanks, and bye!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice