1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Missing 1 plug in on Firefox 1.5, I've updated but to no avail ....help please

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shadows_1959, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadows_1959

shadows_1959 Thread Starter

'm looking ( been looking for it since I updated to Fairfax 1.5 ) for the plug in that gives Firefox the ability to have: a scroller on the Right side ( to drag up & down when searching a long listed page ( examples 300 answers in 1 post )).

Thanks you in advance for your help:)

Pentium 4 -2.4 gig

500 mg ram memory

Using Firefox

80 gig hard disk

Microsoft Windows XP Pro

2. Genesis1

Genesis1

Hi,
    I have Firefox 1.5 and have the R/H side scroll bar as standard, not as a plugin.

Is it possible the pages you load are bigger than the screen size, and the scroll bar is over to the right, out of screen ?. Can you see the red X at the top R/H corner, if not, put the cursor on the top information bar and left click, hold down the button, you can then move the whole page over to the left.
    You can reduce the size of the page by hovering your cursor over the side of the page edge, when it changes to a double ended arrow <--> , left click and hold and move the page edge to wherever to fit your screen.

3. shadows_1959

Titlemouse

Thank you for your response(y)

I just tried 3 times what you told me, I have yess large page like you mentionned but cannot operate in the way you say, and trying the right hand corner doesnt work :(

I must of missed a plug in ( I call it a plug in because it did not come as is ) or something, I dont know more, tried everything I saw in Firefox web page .

It's been 3 days since I updated from the older version & still cant figure it out

Thanks again for your help(y)

Pentium 4 -2.4 gig

500 mg ram memory

Using Firefox

80 gig hard disk

Microsoft Windows XP Pro

4. Genesis1

Genesis1

Hi,

It looks as though you are in full page mode,
    If you can see the 3 boxes (minimum - max - close ) in the top R/H corner, click on the centre one, this should reduce the page size, you should be able to adjust the page to fit your screen then.
    Use the hovering cursor on side of box, until <--> then do as in previous

5. Genesis1

Genesis1

If you can't see the 3 boxes where the X should be, double click the very top information bar

6. shadows_1959

Titlemouse

Sorry to be so late replying :-(

Thank you very much, now everything is back in order, I have a scroller yesss

Thanx again for your help

Shaodws_1959

Pentium 4 -2.4 gig

500 mg ram memory

Using Firefox

80 gig hard disk

Microsoft Windows XP Pro

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!