1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: missing alarm system code

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by pcguy9441, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcguy9441

pcguy9441 Thread Starter

I have a Radionics D420/D4112 alarm system in a rental I just bought and there’s no manual with the master code penciled in. Is there a way to create a new master code without making a service call or replacing the main control board? Somewhere on line I found 3 ways to get a new code 1) make a service call, 2) replace the main control board, 3) install a new alarm system. Real helpful. I found all the manuals on line.

Thanks in advance.

2. Koot

Koot

I see you not only have a security system that you don't have the code for, but you also have a leaky toilet tank (another thread). I'm sure you'll find more things... Good luck!

Unless you can get the code from a previous owner/renter you're pretty much out-of-luck with that old system. The D4112 required a D5100 bar code programmer to program and setup the system. You may be able to find one, but ...

I would test the system's sensors to determine if they're in working condition. If they are, or can easily be put into good operating condition, I would consider replacing the system panel with a new one and use the existing sensors/wiring. If they're not in working condition, you have a bigger and more costly decision to make.

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

4. pcguy9441

pcguy9441 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info even if it's not what I'd hoped for. Looks like I'm up a creek without a paddle. Thanks for the Google effort. That was dead on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice