1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Missing Calculator Function?!?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BubbaBartz, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BubbaBartz

BubbaBartz Thread Starter

Hi!

I have Windows XP Professional running on my home computer. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my little built-in calculator function (Programs -> Accessories -> Calculator) was missing. For some reason, it had been there previously but is now nowhere to be found. :confused: Does anyone have any idea as to how I could re-install this? It sure comes in handy sometimes -- much easier than having to use and Excel function for a simple calculation. . .

I appreciate your help!

Barbara

2. smeegle

smeegle

Have you tried your Search function?

3. Augie65

Augie65

Go to:
    C:\Windows\System32
    in the System32 folder look for Calc, it will have the Calculator icon, right click on the Calc icon and select Create Shortcut and drag it to your Programs> Accessories> list.

4. BubbaBartz

I had previously done a search and come up with nothing. However, I'll give your suggestion a try and let you know if I come to a brick wall.

I appreciate your help!

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  6. BubbaBartz

I've looked in the C:\Windows\System32 folder, and there is nothing named something even remotely like "Calc". Any other suggestions?

7. new tech guy

new tech guy

Why dont you try simply re installing the accessories folder by going into add/remove programs>click on add remove windows components. Then uncheck the accessories box and click ok. Let that run then go back into the component window and check the accessories box again and click ok. Let that reinstall itself. Be sure to have a windows xp disc ready incase the pc asks for it.

8. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Did you try and go into Add/Remove Programs.
    Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components > Accessories and Utilities > Details > Accessories > Details > calculator

9. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

10. new tech guy

new tech guy

He may need the windows disc right squashman? An OEM might not need it but im not 100% sure.

11. BubbaBartz

Using the Windows XP Pro CD and installing the calculator accessory via Control Panel worked. Thanks!!! =)

12. new tech guy

new tech guy

No problem :). Please mark this thread solved by going to thread tools, click on mark solved, then click perform action.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice