Solved: Missing Display Adapter in Devices

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnnieq

I had problems connecting to the internet.

So I ran anti-virus & anti-spyware apps. Found & removed several viruses. Now the video display adapter is missing in Device Manager. I have tried re-installing the display drivers using the installation CD but it fails, saying to try installing a VGA :( driver first, then try again. Trouble is I can't install a VGA driver as device is not listed.

Restore is not an option as there are none available prior to the missing display adapter.

Help!

Triple6

First Name
Rob
What motherboard do you have? Reinstalling the AGP/GART drivers can sometimes resolve this.

johnnieq said:
I had problems connecting to the internet.

So I ran anti-virus & anti-spyware apps. Found & removed several viruses. Now the video display adapter is missing in Device Manager. I have tried re-installing the display drivers using the installation CD but it fails, saying to try installing a VGA :( driver first, then try again. Trouble is I can't install a VGA driver as device is not listed.

Restore is not an option as there are none available prior to the missing display adapter.

Help!
what mobo?, it might be looking for your ob gfx which would be part of your mobo drivers.

johnnieq

Thanks guys. I must have been daydreaming. I was thinking that this motherboard didn't have on-board video, but after I read your replies it finally dawned on me that it does indeed. I installed the original drivers (with the video card removed) and "Display Adapter" finally returned to Devices. I shut down, put the video card back in and all's well.

Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online