1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Missing Hardware Drivers - Unknown Devices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TW.87, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TW.87

TW.87 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have just finished formatting two computers, and finished installing all of the device drivers that I had disks for. However, on one of the computers I am still getting two alerts within Device Manager, and on the other computer, I am getting one alert. They are as follows:

Computer #1
    • PCI Simple Communications Device
    • USB Controller

Computer #2
    • Unknown Device

I assume that the PCI Simple Communications Device is a modem, which I do not have a driver for. I don't know what model of modem I am using, so is there a generic device driver available for that?

Any help locating, or working out, these drivers would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy TW.87...

You could always downlaod and install Everest Click Me and check the computer summary and see if it will reconise the Unknown devices that are installed on the system...

Then just match what it sees with what is already installed, when you find one that Everest sees that isn't installed, then download the drivers for that device...

For the USB controller, are there any USB devices attached to the system ?

If so...that might be what it is seeing as a controller and you will need to download and install the drivers for them, otherwise you may need to download and install the chipset drivers for the motherboard...

3. TW.87

TW.87 Thread Starter

Cool! Thank you for the advice, I'll give that a go.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/581967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice