1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: missing lsass.exe error 0xc000007a

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by n0nickrick, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n0nickrick

n0nickrick Thread Starter

I have a windows server 2003 standard edition machine that is a domain controller. i had to reboot server and got error stating:

lsass.exe - system error
    Directory services could not start because of the following error: The specified procedure could not be found. Error status: 0xc000007a. Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Directoy Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed information.

I tried to start in directory services mode but i get the same error message. I also tried safe mode, and last known good configuration and get the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Rick

2. AQ78

AQ78

you may have the sasser virus, its an old one, you will need to patch this server if its not already been done, have you ran autoupdate on this server recently?

3. n0nickrick

n0nickrick Thread Starter

Hi AQ. After a dozen calls to the installer of the server he finally showed up and did a diagnostics and patch. I was in way over my head on server stuff and I knew it, so I thought it best to ask the pro's. It seems to be operating fine now, lets keep our fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply, I didnt know the sasser was still around.

Again all my thanks

Rick

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/932267