Solved: Missing memory on USB Flash Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bassi

So I bought a Dane-Elec 4GB flash drive 6 months ago.. And the first thing I did was to test wether is capacity really was 4 gigs or not.. and it was.. I transfered 4 gigs of data onto it and back.. no problem there..

But now I tried to move a file of 3 gigs onto it and XP told me that there wasn't enough space!
I was like "WTF" :confused:

So I checked it, and now it sais that it only has 1,42GB available place!

I tried to format it, and nothing.. Still same amount of space!

What could have caused this? And how do I recover my missing space?

Bassi

Nevermind.. I forgot I've made some Linux partitions on it in the past.. That's why I couldn't get more space out of it in windows!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online