Solved: Missing memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ken_RM

Hi Guys
Long time since I last visited:eek:
I recently purchased a Dell Vostro 3500 I3 laptop and understood it came with 3Megs (2+1). However, Windows 7 indicates I only have 2MB. Was I short changed, has the 1MB failed and thus is not visable or is there really 3MB and Windows is reporting something else? How do I verify.Cheers,
Ken

Are you looking under System?

Go to: Control Panel > System and Security > System
Next to: Installed memory, you will see how much physical memory is installed on the PC.

It should say 3GB there if you have 3GB of RAM.

---

If you indeed have 2GB, they must have shipped the PC with just 2GB. If a stick had failed, the
PC either wouldn't boot, or it would boot with beeps or errors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online