1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: missing mmhid.dll file

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sammysum, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sammysum

sammysum Thread Starter

I'm running win xp, cleaned up computer using norton, it erased mmhid.dll and older window files, used regcure did not help. how do I get it back speakers are not working

2. Pareto Rep

Pareto Rep

Hello SammySum

We regret to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your computer.

RegCure is a registry cleaning and optimization application that can save you time and effort and offers you a safe way to streamline your system registry. Although RegCure is a very helpful cleaning tool, it does not replace missing or deleted files. If it was a registry error, we feel confident that RegCure would alleviate this problem.

We have attached a site below that may assist you in reinstalling the DLL you require.

NOTE: That although we have used the site on occasion and experienced no difficulties, we can not be responsible for its content nor success. There are other sites that offer similar files for free and we do not endorse any, we only offer a possibility of finding what is needed.

http://www.dlldump.com/

Kindest Regards
    Laura
    Paretologic Liaison

3. sammysum

sammysum Thread Starter

Thank You, I was able to retrieve it from the B5 file folder located on the windows98 CD I had saved.

4. sammysum

sammysum Thread Starter

sorry forgot to tell you, you have to add it to your windows system file. Then reboot It's that easy

5. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

6. sammysum

sammysum Thread Starter

I did, I used Regcure, Registryfix, registryeasy, and blue? forgot the name of that one and because it was totally missing from my computer they did not solve the problem.

7. sammysum

sammysum Thread Starter

Thank You everyone for your help

8. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Registry Cleaners can and often do cause more problems than you thought you started with.

Many posts on this site prove that fact.
    Type Registry Cleaners in the Search box above and see for yourself. :)

You can mark this solved [all be it by yourself] at thread tools at the top of the page.

9. sammysum

sammysum Thread Starter

Wow! there are alot under Registry Cleaners thanks for the info.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!