1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Missing toolbar icons important

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mkbui, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkbui

mkbui Thread Starter

Three of the main toolbar icons in the bottom right are not present anymore for some reason on my laptop
    1 dell battery meter
    2 network icon
    3 volume meter
    How do I get those back its a hassle not knowing how much battery power is left and what the network status is at and what volume my computer is at
    thanks

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Could be the Hide icon has hidden them or that the check mark has been remove in the settings.
    Right click the Task bar and select "Properties". Then select the "Notification Area" tab and make sure that there are the required check marks.

Also you may want to REMOVE the check mark in the "Hide inactive Icons" box.

3. mkbui

mkbui Thread Starter

hide inactive icons is not checked and those three options are already checkmarked but are grayed out, I think this happened after a system restore

Just did another system restore and now it works

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!