Solved: Mobile Broadband Dongle Causes Blue Screen Crash Dump

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Denny61

Hi All ! I'm new to this excellent forum and this is my first post so I hope someone can help ? I bought a HP G62 Laptop PC in March this year, it is an I3core Win7 machine which I have been very pleased with until I started to experience a Blue Screen Crash Dump (BSCD) when I tried to access firstly my T-Mobile broadband dongle and now my "Three UK" broadband dongle. The T-Mobile dongle I have used for about 3 years on my older HP Pavillion XP machine and my ADVENT 4213 Netbook. When I purchased the latest Win7 machine I had to upgrade the T-Mobile driver to a 64bit version which worked quite happily until the recent issues. I have contacted all of the respective suppliers support people without success each seem to blame the other without really trying to help ! So I have folloed some suggested resolutions to similar problems posted on this forum such as return to Best Previous Working Restore Point, MS Memory Tests, Updated all Drivers and downloaded all of the HP Updates but the PC still BSCD's every time. Both Dongles work fine on my ADVENT Netbook which is of course a 32 bit machine. I have some Error reports and earliest memory dump crash files etc but I can't seem to be able to attach them to this message, maybe I am doing something incorrectly ? Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1 OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5 Processor Count: 4 RAM: 3893 Mb Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1722 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 459987 MB, Free - 398217 MB; D: Total - 16647 MB, Free - 2401 MB; Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1439, 60.4F, PBKJBC27VZL4B9 Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.2, Updated and Enabled Hope someone can point me to a solution Denny

TerryNet

Terry
Not sure if you can do this, or if it crashes. Again download the latest correct driver for the mobile wireless and install it (because the installed instance may be corrupted).

Secondly, just in case ESET is corrupted and actually causing the problem I would uninstall it, run the removal tool if one is provided, and test. You can reinstall it after testing.

(Once upon a time somebody took exception to Bachelor of Science being abbreviated with two characters, so I edited your title to spell out Blue Screen to avoid any possible complaints.)

Denny61

Hi TerryNet Thank you for the prompt reply ! it was very kind of you to respond so quickly. I carried out all of the actions you suggested, disabled ESET antivirus but couldn't download the latest E353 Dongle Driver as it doesn't exist see here:- http://mixedinformation.blogspot.com/2011/08/huawei-plug-and-link-hspa-data-card-hi.html the Hauwei website was not very helpful their Search function did not recognise E353 ??? Unfortunately I still get the BSOD or as I called it the BS Crash Dump ! I'm Sorry some of the Forum Members take exception to the use of BS but in the UK a Batchelor of Science uses the abbreviataion B.Sc at least the Second Oldest University on the planet Oxford (not sure which is the oldest probably Bolognia ?) uses BSc or B.Sc or some variation see here :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Science As you can guess I am not clever enough to have a B.Sc or a BS ! Anyway I am grateful for your suggestions but clearly there must be some other issue or conflict involved here ? I have a crash dump Error Report but I'm not able to attach any files to this message ? Help with that would be useful Or if you have any other thoughts I would be grateful Best Regards Denny

Denny61

Hi Terry

Thanks once again as I said in my earlier post I had contacted all of the respective suppliers and got passed from one to te other with no solutions so decided to search the Dongle Manufacturers website and the dongle wasn't recognised.

I have followed the post and attachment guidance and have copied a very poor verion of the error report frollowing the Blue Screen Crash it is here:-

http://imm.io/8Gpa

Many Thanks once again

Denny

Denny61

Hi Terry

Thanks for the previous help but my BSOD is resolved now !

A colleague helped me reinstall the original version of Windows 7 which solve the problem.

Having to reload all of my software packages etc but it's worth it so I can use my laptop on the hoof !

Thanks once again !

Denny

TerryNet

Terry
Sorry that you had to resort to the "nuclear" option, but glad that you got it working. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online