1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mobos and SLI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MaD_KiLLeR, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MaD_KiLLeR

MaD_KiLLeR Thread Starter

Hey,

Ive been looking for a SLI compatible motherboard, and im not sure if it has 2 pci-E 16x slots u can just use SLI, or does the motherboard have to be SLI compatible?

All of the mobos ive been looking at say they support Crossfire but not SLI like the link below
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2839

So could someone tell me, does it have to say its good for SLI, or can i just use it because it has 2 pci-E 16x slots?

Thanks,
    MaD

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. MaD_KiLLeR

i dont want crossfire and sli, just a sli board, and the one u mentioned is alright, ill see if my local shops stock it. but do you know if Gigabyte has sli board because i cannot find any on my local shops sites

4. strongbad8500

strongbad8500

5. MaD_KiLLeR

thanks man, i just hope they sell them at my shops, as i dont like buying this kind of stuff online

edit: after goign though that, there all for AMD, i have Intel Socket 775

6. strongbad8500

strongbad8500

No problem, but if you decide to buy online Newegg is just about the best site to buy from.

7. MaD_KiLLeR

yeah, i dont think newegg ships to Australia

also check post above ^ :)

8. strongbad8500

strongbad8500

yeah probably not and after reading that i went thru the intel Gigabyte boards and didnt find any sli compatible ones

9. MaD_KiLLeR

yeah it sucks, they make them for amd but not intel :( guess ill have to go asus or something

10. strongbad8500

strongbad8500

yeah asus is a good brand i have had an old socket 370 asus for like forever, it finaly died last week.

11. BG-0

BG-0

Gotta say... ASUs has seriously gone down and down in terms of quality recently(during the last 5 years or so), except the 250$+++ boards.
    Anyways. If you really, really want a SLI board(you haven't told why you want one?) get something like a 750 board (e.g. an EVGA one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188026).

12. MaD_KiLLeR

i want one so i can use SLI mode obviously :p and my stores dont sell evga for osme reason

13. BG-0

BG-0

Well, just find any nForce 750i board, that isn't made by some Chinese corner-shop. Preferably from some mfg like MSI or Foxconn. Or DFI. Or Biostar. Or Asrock.
    I would suggest against spending your money on the SLI feature, rather than just a reliable and high-quality board... But it's your choice. Of course SLI is cool and so on... -.-

14. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

I know its down as solved, but... The Asus Striker 2 is a board I can recommend. More features than you can shake a stick at, very sound. I went of Asus, but this one has restored a lot of faith. Not cheap by any means, but it does a beautifil SLI :)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice