1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] modem instalation

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bakerkids24, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakerkids24

bakerkids24 Thread Starter

Hello.
    i have a windows me.. and i did a recovery to clean it out..neglecting to notice that at the end of the instructions it said modem drivers will need to be reinstalled. the recovery disc has modem driver on it but my question is how do i reinstall it from the disk? Also the error is not finding modem when i plug phone line in. thank you.

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hi..

First go to Device Manager and Remove any items listed under Modems. Shut down and restart your computer. When Windows find the new hardware and ask for a location of the drivers,
    insert your recovery disk into the cdrom and choose Browse.
    Click on the D: drive and click down until you find modem and direct Windows to install from there.

Good luck.

Spaceman

3. bakerkids24

bakerkids24 Thread Starter

hey spaceman. thank you for your help. what you told me did work, but then a got a ( no dial tone). So i went and bought a new modem and it worked. Iguess i had a bad modem.

thanks so much for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice