[SOLVED] modem instalation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bakerkids24

Hello.
i have a windows me.. and i did a recovery to clean it out..neglecting to notice that at the end of the instructions it said modem drivers will need to be reinstalled. the recovery disc has modem driver on it but my question is how do i reinstall it from the disk? Also the error is not finding modem when i plug phone line in. thank you.

Hi..

First go to Device Manager and Remove any items listed under Modems. Shut down and restart your computer. When Windows find the new hardware and ask for a location of the drivers,
insert your recovery disk into the cdrom and choose Browse.
Click on the D: drive and click down until you find modem and direct Windows to install from there.

Good luck.

Spaceman

bakerkids24

hey spaceman. thank you for your help. what you told me did work, but then a got a ( no dial tone). So i went and bought a new modem and it worked. Iguess i had a bad modem.

thanks so much for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts