1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] modem installation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by emkelley, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emkelley

emkelley Thread Starter

Trying to install WincomII 56.6K,PCI, modem into my Windows 98 version 2 puter. Hooked everything up rebooted and Windows failed to recognize hardware,no modem detected. Reinstalled my old Sierra 28.8K ISA modem no problem. I removed the drivers and old modem before i started installation of new modem. Any suggestions?

2. brianF

brianF

I'm not 100% certain but I think you need to install the drivers for a win modem to be recognized, could be wrong though

3. gethedge

gethedge

Doesn't recognize at all? Make sure that the card is all the way in and install drivers first, if this doesn't work it might be the sign of a bigger prob.

4. emkelley

emkelley Thread Starter

thanx for the help, just had to plug it in right, bracket was a little bent.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice