Solved: Modem not detected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pip55

Fact:ENF656-ESW-INPR MODEM; was working previously with win2k.
Fact: Reformatted harddrive with win2k,
Have let computer search for modem,(no luck); have searched and found it myself, loaded microsoft's driver(no luck). Went to manufacturer's site, downloaded their driver, installed it...(microsoft didn't like it, no signature, different brand---Intel versus Motorola, although the driver comes from Encore.) Load it anyway, still not detected upon restart.
I've run into this before and I believe it's a matter of the right driver.
When I run new hardware wizard nothing is detected

ERROR WINDOW
opening port
error 797: the connection failed because the modem(or some other connecting device) was not found. Please make sure that the modem or other connecting device is installed
Thanks,
pip55

pip55

frankjohn,
I have dsl as well and that is working but I'm trying to get the dial-up modem working because where it ti being moved to doesn't have dsl capabilities.

pip55

frankjohn,
thanks for help. i downloaded pci simple communications controller driver and it made my modem recognizable.
pip55

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online