[SOLVED] modem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ezymony

having problems with my modem it wont hang up when i log off so i got a new one now I cant get installed because I cant get the cd to run so I can install software I tried run D:\setup it still wont run.

Hello ezymony,

Hold down the shift key while inserting the CD into the drive. Double click on My Computer. Double click on the CDRom drive. That should run the CD. Good luck! KW1

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
In 'my computer' when you click on the cdrom drive, can you see contents on the cd? Can you double click setup from there?

ezymony

thanks everyone for the help i went back to circuit city and exchanged the actiontech modem for a us roboctics and had no problem with it. AcaCandy i could see the contents of the disc but it didn'n have an exe for windows98 it had 95 me and 2000 but not 98 anyway im back online for now .

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Great! A problem solved is a problem solved....sometimes modems are just difficult critters.......I'll mark this one solved! Thanks for letting us know!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online