Solved: Module Name: user.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robertD

This is what Dr Watson captured while in error. :eek: This has been going on for months. Getting old. It only happens when I surf. I've repaired IE, does no good. I've searched for user.exe, but nothing that would help me. I'm clueless on this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have Win98SE.

Windows User-interface core component used an uninitialized variable, attempted to access memory or a DLL that has been freed, or encountered some other nonspecific error.

Module Name: user.exe
Description: Windows User-interface core component
Version: 4.10.2222
Product: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

Application Name: Explorer.exe
Description: Windows Explorer
Version: 4.72.3110.1
Product: Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System
Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

robertD

I did as suggested. I reinstalled the User.exe after reading q192832. No luck :mad:. I did it several times. I did a thorough search using google, again and I did find this:

User.exe-In most cases its due to drivers....

then this:

Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at 2:34 pm
Posted by Robin (1 messages posted)
OK. I'm running Windows 98SE and have been having the same annoying problem with user.exe errors. I'm no computer geek but my search for a solution to this problem turned up this - Go to start, run and type in msconfig. When it comes up, go to the General tab and click on selective start up. Unclick "load startup group items." Click OK. This requires a restart. So far, this has worked and I can't believe it was that simple. I've been trying to find a solution for months. I guess it doesn't really matter to me now, 'cause I have a new computer coming next week! But I hope this helps somebody.

Since time as passed, I don't recall if I did the above. If I did, I do recall that it was checked, but greyed out. I just rechecked and oked, then rebooted. It will bring up programs that I had deleted through 'Add/Remove Programs' either on your desktop or systray. I think one had 'can't find...error.' Some programs were deleted yrs. ago and there were a few. One needs to delete those programs that normally don't show up when you start your computer.

If I didn't do this, I definitely checked 'Normal Startup-load all device drivers and software.' It's either one or the other. I have been on sites that would normally trigger the error User.exe and I have yet to see it. So I'm assuming the problem has been solved. It's been over a week.

I hope this gives one a clue if nothing else seems to work. I appreciate bandit who suggested a possible fix. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online