1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor 60hz 120hz 144hz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by southworld, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. southworld

southworld Thread Starter

I've been looking into getting a new monitor i found 3 contenders while looking them up,
    BenQ GL2760H 27" LED DVI HDMI Monitor,
    HANNS.G HL272HPB LED TFT 27" HDMI Monitor.
    Asus Vs278 27" Full HD LED Monitor

I then read many people saying 120hz or 144hz is so much better for gaming? as i will be playing lots of games like battlefield and cod it's made me rethink..but .i only have £180 tops to spend right now ... would it be worth waiting an extra two week to afford a 144hz? would it make a Big difference in games? i have no clue to even if my pc / Graphic card would be up to the job?

Computer Specs
    Asus Crosshair formula 2 Motherboard
    AMD 64x2 Dual Core 6000+ 3GB
    2GB 800mhz DDR2 PC2 6400
    Geforce 9500 1GB
    Hiper 730w Type R Modular II power
    vista 64bit ultimate

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Your computer is running Windows Vista 64-bit.

Its ASUS Crosshair II Formula motherboard has 4 memory slots and supports 8 GB(2 GB X 4) of RAM.

Why are you running only 2 GB of RAM in it?

If you're going to use it for gaming, it should be maxed out with 8 GB of RAM.

--------------------------------------------------------

3. southworld

southworld Thread Starter

it used to have 2x2gb in (4gb) unfortunately that is in the USA right now, But even when it had 4gb it never really used more then 2gb in less i had The game EQ2 running on full Graphics and tv and other stuff open on a 2nd screen ... i just picked up this ram for 12 quid to get it up and running.. tho i will upgrade more if need be in the future (or get mine back from the USA) along with the better processor i think.. but right now a monitor is needed more then ram..and 2gb should get me by and of this Horrid Laptop... tho it would be nice to fill all the slots i have Never seen a computer use 8gb?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm not a hard-core gamer, but I am aware it's very graphic/processor/memory hungry.

crjdriver or one of the other hardware/gaming experts here can advise you better than me.

You also need a better graphic card than that NVIDIA GeForce 9500.

-----------------------------------------------------------

5. replay

replay

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1134944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice