Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Monitor 60hz 120hz 144hz

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  replay 
#1 ·
I've been looking into getting a new monitor i found 3 contenders while looking them up,
BenQ GL2760H 27" LED DVI HDMI Monitor,
HANNS.G HL272HPB LED TFT 27" HDMI Monitor.
Asus Vs278 27" Full HD LED Monitor

I then read many people saying 120hz or 144hz is so much better for gaming? as i will be playing lots of games like battlefield and cod it's made me rethink..but .i only have £180 tops to spend right now ... would it be worth waiting an extra two week to afford a 144hz? would it make a Big difference in games? i have no clue to even if my pc / Graphic card would be up to the job?

Computer Specs
Asus Crosshair formula 2 Motherboard
AMD 64x2 Dual Core 6000+ 3GB
2GB 800mhz DDR2 PC2 6400
Geforce 9500 1GB
Hiper 730w Type R Modular II power
vista 64bit ultimate

#2 ·
Computer Specs
Asus Crosshair formula 2 Motherboard
AMD 64x2 Dual Core 6000+ 3GB
2GB 800mhz DDR2 PC2 6400
Geforce 9500 1GB
Hiper 730w Type R Modular II power
vista 64bit ultimate
Your computer is running Windows Vista 64-bit.

Its ASUS Crosshair II Formula motherboard has 4 memory slots and supports 8 GB(2 GB X 4) of RAM.

Why are you running only 2 GB of RAM in it?

If you're going to use it for gaming, it should be maxed out with 8 GB of RAM.

--------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
it used to have 2x2gb in (4gb) unfortunately that is in the USA right now, But even when it had 4gb it never really used more then 2gb in less i had The game EQ2 running on full Graphics and tv and other stuff open on a 2nd screen ... i just picked up this ram for 12 quid to get it up and running.. tho i will upgrade more if need be in the future (or get mine back from the USA) along with the better processor i think.. but right now a monitor is needed more then ram..and 2gb should get me by and of this Horrid Laptop... tho it would be nice to fill all the slots i have Never seen a computer use 8gb?

#4 ·
I'm not a hard-core gamer, but I am aware it's very graphic/processor/memory hungry.

crjdriver or one of the other hardware/gaming experts here can advise you better than me.

You also need a better graphic card than that NVIDIA GeForce 9500.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.