Solved: Monitor connected to docking station

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

turnbuk

I have a 17" Widescreen Sony VAIO laptop w/docking station (VGN-A190; Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz; 1GB RAM; ATI RADEON 9700 64MB). Its a great computer which I've had for about 3 years. Still runs great! But unfortunately my laptop screen is beginning to die. It will only stay on for a few minutes before the back light turns off and you can't see anything. So instead of buying a new screen ($500), i went and bought an LG Flatron to hook up to my docking station using a DVI-D connection. Sort of a makeshift desktop set-up. I got it all hooked up and boom, got a nice clear picture. Except its got a 1in black border that runs equally around the picture. I tried playing with the resolution but the max i can go to is 1280 x 768. Is the connection from my laptop to the LCD monitor keeping my new monitor from capturing all the resolutions that the Laptop normally has by itself? How can i get the picture on my LCD to fill the screen? When i hook the monitor up to the docking station i only get three resolution choices: 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, and 1280 x 768. Appreciate any help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts