1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor does not detect signal from new tower (Velocity Micro Edge Z40)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tsheehan, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsheehan

tsheehan Thread Starter

So I just recently bought a new Edge Z40 from Velocity Micro.

I have set it up as directed but my monitor, a working HP 2311xi does not detect a signal with tried and tested VGA DVI and HDMI cables.

I:
    Unboxed it
    Plugged it into an US-EU adapter (I'm in Europe)
    Plugged that into a surge protector
    Turned on the surge protector
    turned rocker switch on the PSU on
    Pressed the power button

LEDs light up, fans spin, the HDD vibrates, I put my Windows 8 disk in the optical drive and that spins, the MemOK! LED that signal a compatibility or installation problem with the RAM is NOT lit (no problems), the green LED next to the SATA 6Gb/s port is lit, and everything seems to be working fine.

Next I try plugging connecting my monitor, first with VGA, then DVI, then HDMI, but to no avail (I would try displayport but my monitor does not support it). The cables were secured at both ends, the monitor was on. It showed that it was scanning all 3 possible inputs, but reported "no signal" and went to sleep.

Since then, I tried pushing on all the connections to make sure the power supplies were connected properly, the connection from the video ports to the motherboard were firm, rearranged my two 4GB DDR3s, and tried using a step-down transformer with the 110V setting on the PSU rather than an adapter with the 230V setting.

Also, I'm not sure if this was initially there, but when I turn on the computer, after a few seconds I hear a short high-pitched 'blip', and a few seconds later, a slightly lower-pitched and longer 'bleep'.

Specs of the computer are as follows:

PSU 700 Watt Velocity Micro® Power Supply

Motherboard Asus® P8Z77-V LK Intel® Z77 based chipset, ATX Motherboard

Processor Intel® Core™i5-2500K processor, quad 3.30GHz cores, Hyperclocked to 4.0GHz

RAM 8GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Memory (4x2GB)

Graphics 1GB eVGA™NVIDIA® GTX650 GDDR5 video card (GeForce GTX 600 series)

HDD 1TB 7200rpm SATA 300 w/NCQ

Thanks in advance for any help you can give! :)

P.S. The computer seems to be behaving normally besides the lack of connection to the monitor since after leaving it on without doing anything to it for a while, I think it goes to sleep since it appears to turn off, but 'reboots' quickly when I press the power button again.

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Have you tried using the motherboard's video connections? Or just the graphics card's? Can you remove the card and try the ones on the m/b?

3. PSAKay

PSAKay Banned

How do you know the computer works at all?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice