1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor does not have picyure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by melliott6, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. melliott6

melliott6 Thread Starter

I was using my computer earlier and went out for a while. When I cam back the screen was blank and blue. I can not get a picture. I have turned off the computer and monitor and checked connections with the same results. After a while the screen saver came on. I moved the mouse and the desktop flashed on the screen then back to blue. The mouse pointer is the only thing I can see on the screen.

Any ideas or suggestions? Running Windows Vista Business

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try this monitor on another computer to see if it exhibits the same problem and try another monitor on this computer. If its the monitor then check for warranty, which can be up to 5 years on some models, if its out of warranty then toss the monitor and get a new one. If its the PC we can do more troubleshooting.

3. melliott6

melliott6 Thread Starter

I hooked up another monitor with the same result.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Did you use the same cables or different cables between the monitor and computer?

When you first turn on your computer and it goes through the BIOS screens and then the Windows boot screens, do those look normal or are they affected the same way?

5. melliott6

melliott6 Thread Starter

Well the computer kept starting back up on its own like it was stuck in a loop. Once I realized this was happening. I pushed and held the on/off switch until it shut down and left it alone for awhile. My son turned it on and I started working just fine. Go figure.

Thank you for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!