[SOLVED] monitor error codes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mauipono

I have a user with a monitor that is blank. She says she had to change the screen resolution to 800x600 for a program's upgrade (it was at 640x480). Since then, it is blank. I have a feeling she might have changed it to something other than 800x600. She restarted it, and dos shows fine, but when windows loads, there is a pinpoint of light, then a blank screen. With the blank screen, the monitor setting lights blink in sequence...one after the other, over and over, fast.

Old monitor - Imagic IM-550x, model P554.

Has anyone ever seen this? Is there a way for me to change the screen resolution in dos?

Thanks,
Lisa

Howdy mauipono...

Sure, Start tapping F8 during boot ( depending on the OS ) and boot in Safe Mode, then change the resolution back...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online