1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: monitor issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sgl1, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

My power went out the other day and my computer popped off immediately. But it was what seemed to be a spike because it came right back on. Well my monitor wouldn't come back on so I thought it went out. Well I got it to come back on but now when it does before the os comes on there's a black and white line on the screen like a white line right down the middle vertically. with a black border. the monitor seems to work fine. But what could be causing this and is it normal?

2. twotymer05

twotymer05

42 try to degause your moniter and it may get rid of the line

3. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

I did that already and it didn't work. I'm not sure what will work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice