1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: monitor on television set...???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by demongavo, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. demongavo

demongavo Thread Starter

I have emulated games on my Pc and .avi files on my computer that I would like to view on my television set. I was wondering what I would need to connect my monitor to tv so that I may view on my tv exactly what I view on my pc.

I am just wondering what hardware I would need (or you suggest using) to view all my monitor actions on my tv.

I've searched the web and through various forums.. but I cannot find anything decent.

Please help... thanks.

2. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

Do you use onboard video or an add on card? Most addon cards come with an s-video out/component out jack that can be connected to your tv

3. demongavo

demongavo Thread Starter

It's a dell dimension 4500 so I believe it is onboard video... I'm not sure

4. 42gary

42gary

Basically all that you would need is a video card with a s-video output. If your television has an s-video input then you are good to go. If not then you could use the s-video to rca adaptor that is included with most known brand video cards. Obviously the s-video would provide you with a clearer picture than the rca route so hopefully your tv accepts it. If you need a flawless view of your pc's info on your tv set go with the radeon 9800 All in Wonder card. Hope this helps ya.

ahh a dell... im the wrong guy to help ya then. good luck.

5. demongavo

demongavo Thread Starter

if the video card is onboard.. buying another.. would that cause problems.. or is it even possible to install another video card??

6. demongavo

demongavo Thread Starter

thanks for the info on the Radeon .. I checked the one you suggested and it has what I need....

One other thing... I was suggested once on a projector to do this instead of using tv... does anyone know how to go about doing that?

Perhaps.. the Radeon would be cheaper....

EDIT: for the sake of simplicity.. I will go with the changing of video card.. thanks for help everyone.

7. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

Change the video card, 9800 pro will be good for that and some good gaming, connect s-video to your tv and you should be good to go

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice