1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor or PC problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 81beemer, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 81beemer

81beemer Thread Starter

This is my first posting here and I am anxious to see if I can find an answer to the problem. I have an Acer Aspire/Power desk top with an Acer LCD monitor. Running Vista Business 2G ram. It also has a Intel 946GZ express chipset, which I assume is not a graphics card.

The monitor looks beautiful and I leave it on for days at a time. When I do a hot reboot no problem but when I shut it down over night the problem begins.

The screen stays black while the system boots. A couple times I have unplugged the power cord of the monitor then the yellow light will come on and ACER will slowly flash on and off the screen and the yellow light cycles on and off also. The last time it took several minutes before it finally came on and has been fine ever since.

About a year ago it would do the same thing (slow ACER flashing) when it came out of sleep mode, I turned that function off and just use the screen saver now.

Something is dying a slow death but I dont know what component it is. I thought I read somewhere to unplug the cord to the tower while booting but I'm not sure if that is correct. Plus that is only a work around for the problem.

2. dai

dai

first suspect is the psu

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

3. marbski

marbski

it could be a ram problem or try to used other pc monitor if your pc will display if so then you have a monitor problem... possibility is their is a bad capacitor for your monitor...

4. 81beemer

81beemer Thread Starter

I found a bad capacitor in the monitor and have some on order. Thanks

5. dai

dai

glad you have it sorted

6. 81beemer

81beemer Thread Starter

7. dai

dai

thanks for posting the link,it will help someone in the future with the problem

8. 81beemer

81beemer Thread Starter

The hardest part is getting the two halves of the monitor apart.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice