1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: monitor problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dowlinggram, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dowlinggram

Dowlinggram Thread Starter

My old monitor gave up the ghost so I bought a new LG monitor--model22M37
    The darn thing has power saver and shuts down instead of going to sleep when I'm away from it. I did change the screen saver to never and that stopped it from shutting down during the day but it also means that I am using more power to keep it on constantly.

The monitor also doesn't come on when I start the computer. In both cases I have to turn the monitor on with the power button on the monitor and that's not good.

Does anyone know how to disable the power saver. I also have a problem with the screen resolution that I'd like help with. When it's on the recommended resolution all pictures are squat. How do I make them more vertical?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Once powered on, it should stay powered on. You can usually tell by the LED. When it's ON, it will be one color (usually green or blue), standby will be a different color (usually orange), and OFF it will not be lit. If it's going into standby, it could be losing signal (from the PC) or it's simply faulty. You should be able to simply leave it powered on all of the time, and it will power up when it gets a signal from computer (ie: computer is turned on) and power off when the signal is gone (ie: computer is powered off).

In regards to power, LCD panels don't use that much power. Only a fraction of what the old CRT monitors used.

As for resolution, that monitor uses a (now) standard widescreen resolution of 1920 x 1080. If you use any other resolution, the image will be stretched to fit the screen.

3. Dowlinggram

Dowlinggram Thread Starter

I took the cable and my tower to my computer tech. The problem is solved. When the electricity went out or when it came on it fried my monitor and the cable When I connected the old cable It wasn't working right and hence my problem. The cable had a lifetime warantee so it cost me nothing not even for the tech's time. I should have used the new cable that came with the monitor but it wasn't long enough and I never thought of getting a new one when I got the monitor.

I've learned to turn everything off when a storm threatens including the power bars

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice