1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) monitor problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by FireZtar10, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FireZtar10

FireZtar10 Thread Starter

Monitor was working just fine.... today i installed some ram to my pc ... as i finished installing the ram i closed it up , plugged back in my mouse,keyboard, power and monitor which was all i had plugged in b 4 i installed my memory ... now i turn on my computer but my monitor dont respond.... & i checked several times the connections & everything is fine....... any suggestions ???

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Is it just your monitor not responding, or is it the computer not booting?

Any beeps, keyboard lights flashing HDD light blinking etc on boot?

If its just the monitor (all else seems to be powering OK) then suspect that you have disturbed/unseated the video card inside the case when fitting the RAM.

If its not booting at all (the computer) then the RAM may be preventing it starting. Remove and see if it goes again.

3. FireZtar10

its just the monitor , all else is working fine .. so i will have to check for the video card...what does the video card look like ?pretty new at these things..

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If its a separate card, then logically its what the monitor's video lead plugs onto.

If its on the motherboard. then the problem may be elsewhere. Its too coincidental that the thing stopped after you were in there though.

5. SacsTC

SacsTC

Check the pins on the monitor connector. It sounds like one of them got pushed back in partway. Use long nosed pliers to pull back out carefully.

6. FireZtar10

ok monitor seems to work fine but i get a lot of lines ,but looks wierd .as i move the cable that connects the pc to the monitor the lines either increase or decrease but i cant get into my desktop beacause it just reboots when it gets to windows... and cant go in in safe mode, but in normal i get an ::

Invalid VxD dynamic link call to device number 3,service B.
    your windoww configuration is invalid.run the windows setup program again to correc this proble .

press any key to continue.

as i entered Bios on system info i got :

compac pc
    AMD-K6-2
    533/97 MHz
    192MB
    1/28/00
    686s4

the ram did work i think but i cant get in to my desktop now..help

7. FireZtar10

i took out the memory i installed and the monitor and pc was working fine i was able to get to my desktop properly & no wierd line came out ... so i think it was the memory ... any suggesstions???????????

8. FireZtar10

ok problem fixed....thanks for the suggestions... any way ...all i did was uninstall the ram & turn my pc & shut it off & reinstalled the ram.............

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/199667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice