1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jenonnet, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jenonnet

jenonnet Thread Starter

A while ago I had to have a new mother board put in my PC. Since then my monitor doesn't seem to want to work properly. When I switch it on, every so often it comes up with a coloured square & asks me if my settings are correct. Usually, if I switch it off and then back on again it will be ok but it's very annoying.
    Do the settings change when a new mother board is put in? If I need to set it up again, what settings do I use and how do I do it?
    Thanks in antisipation. :confused:

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

Mine does that once in a while. I just restart as you stated. You could also check to see if the card is in tight (if it's a separate video card) and if the cable is firmly connected to the video jack.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Remember that you should have reloaded Windows after the motherboard change, unless the new one was identical in all respects to the old one.

Otherwise all the drivers will be incorrect.

4. jenonnet

jenonnet Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies guys. The card & leads are in securely & Windows was fully re-loaded after the new motherboard was put in. It doesn't stop me using my PC or cause any major problems, I just don't like it when things don't seem to be working correctly (my anal retentiveness coming to the fore!) It's very irritating when you have to keep switching it off then on again when the PC is booted up and I would have liked to have put it right if possible. Thanks agian. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice