1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: monitor problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lenpcase, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lenpcase

lenpcase Thread Starter

Hi all ,,,,,,,could someone help here please, my friend came round to connect his computer to my flat screen but when we connected up there was no signal and the screen said no signal and then the monitor light went out. My friends monitor is 10 year old and not flat screen, We could not install the driver for my monitor (which is by the way
    a viewsonic) because their was nothing on the screen to see.
    We used the same plug and socket too on each computer.
    When I re connected to my computer everything was OK
    Any ideas please.
    Len

2. bp936

bp936

as far as I remember, you have to install the monitor, (tell Windows first on the computer) on the old monitor where you can see, in DISPLAY PROPERTIES that you have another monitor, under Advanced Settings, before the computer will show on the flatscreen.
    Search for "Dual Display"here on TSG, that's where I found out how to do it, but I can't remember the steps, it depends on your Windows version.

3. lenpcase

lenpcase Thread Starter

thankyou very much for the reply, I will try that when I can get my friends computer again and let you know the result.
    Thanks again
    Len

4. lenpcase

lenpcase Thread Starter

Thanks again and now I have the answer. The reason is because his monitor was not set to plug and play, that was changed and all ok.
    Thanks
    Len

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/765956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice