1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Leungwk01, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leungwk01

Leungwk01 Thread Starter

So lets start:
    I've got a new monitor which is an Samsung syncmaster 2333SW, and the problem is that its not working as in nothing is coming up on the screen however it does display the start up screen but when it gets into windows (login screen) it goes off and I am forced to use my VGA cable (analog).
    The thing is the digital output (DVI) works on other computers and it has been working for a week on my new one, I think this problem may be when we had a power cut but not sure. (The DVI still works on other of my computers but not me new one.)

What I've tried
    I've tried rebooting the computer several times.
    I've unplugged the monitor/turned off power and re-plugged but didn't work
    I've ran device manager using admin, and uninstalled/disabled, and rebooted but still didn't work. (the drives don't uninstall some reason)

Heres a screenshot
    http://i41.tinypic.com/33mlopu.jpg
    http://i40.tinypic.com/241jygi.jpg
    Well I have all those monitor drivers but the problem is I cant uninstall any of them.

You can find my computer specs in my computer specs bit. Its not the OS as its not working for my others (dual boot)

Thanks in advance

2. Leungwk01

Leungwk01 Thread Starter

3. Amber1

Amber1

Hi leungwk01
    I’m no expert but try this, looking at your screen shot I see you computer resolution is set to the lowest setting 800 x 600. Move the bar all the way for highest revolution possible and click apply, then turn off your computer connect the DVI plug to your tower and monitor and start up your computer.
    If problem is still not resolved then hang around there are great \smart people here with good knowledge .also I suggest you call the maker of this monitor since you said it’s new and would be under warranty I’m sure they have customer support and would be able to help you.

Amber :)

4. Leungwk01

Leungwk01 Thread Starter

Hi thanks for the reply.
    But unfortunately the problem isn't that easy.
    The bar cannot be dragged and even if it did it would be max around 1024x???.
    The monitor is a 23" widescreen so it maxes at 1920x1080. I've tried lots of method yet it doesn't work :/.
    The problem may alie where I cannot uninstall any driver to make it re-install itself. Also as you can see there may be a confusion on my system due to the many monitor drivers. (all the generic pnp drivers)
    Furthermore, I find it weird as it has affected my other OSes so it might just be my computer hardware.

5. Amber1

Amber1

did you try calling the Manufacture of this monitor for help?

6. Leungwk01

Leungwk01 Thread Starter

Nope, as it'll probably take ages for me to get through and I don't have the money to waste..
    Plus I don't have the receipt and other stuff required :/
    The monitor is still operating nicely just the DVI not working properly on my system so they won't do much due to the monitor not faulty as it is operating perfectly on other computers.

7. Amber1

Amber1

Then hang around here, someone with more knowledge will help you out.
    Hope it will all work out for you

Amber:)

8. Leungwk01

Leungwk01 Thread Starter

If it doesn't work out, I'm going to either buy a new monitor or build a new computer as its getting old :D
    Probably sell my old one =]

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

10. Leungwk01

Leungwk01 Thread Starter

I'm sure I've tried that but I'll give it another go.

11. Leungwk01

Leungwk01 Thread Starter

I've solved the problem now.
    I reformatted my whole HD with the 3 partition and made it into one, than it was fine so I spilt it all up again and it working.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/846257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice