1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrl, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrl

mrl Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a 3 year old ACER monitor. I'm using a "Package" computer ( no brand name) running Windows XP Home. I've just noticed that the screen is grainy in the dark colors. I went to the device monitor and tried to up upgrade the driver. There wasn't any. What else should I try to see if it's a monitor problem. I don't want to get a new one and find out it's something else.

Mike :D

2. hulkinator

hulkinator

Monitors don't have drivers so you don't need to look for those.

First thing I'd do, if you have any of these available, is to either try that monitor with a different computer or that computer with a different monitor to see if the response is the same. Let me know if you try either of those and what the result is.

You could also look for updated video card drivers.

3. mrl

mrl Thread Starter

Hello, hulkinator
    Happy New Year to you and your family. I'll have access to a different computer in about 2 weeks, so I'll try then. I thought it might be a common problem with ACER and with an easy solution. Thanks for the response. I'll come back and do a thread incase others may have this problem.

Mike (y)

4. hulkinator

hulkinator

Thanks for the new year wishes and the same to you! Party it up :D

Don't be afraid to send me a PM when you start your new thread if you'd like me to look at it (hopefully a more experienced troubleshooter than I will help you :p) since I may not see it in the mass of threads that get created here every day.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/888681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice